Sunday, July 02, 2006

Another era is drawing to a close


We had a special training day for our Ambulance recuits today and just before the lunch break I informed the Orroroo Team members that I would be stepping down as Team Leader as from the 30th. of Dec. This is to give them time to advertise the position and carry out interviews of those that may apply for the job. I am confident that there is at least one person who is willing to take on the role. I think I have held the position for about 25 years. At this stage I told them I would be willing to stay on as a team member which pleased them to hear.
Two more days of shearing to go and then hopefully that will bring to an end a run of early rises.
Try and guess who came to dinner last Sunday for a church lunch. We had John Symons from Chad speaking about his life in Chad.

3 comments:

Lindy said...

My goodness Dad, anyone would think you were getting ready to retire, what with stepping down from all these long held positions. Is this so you can come stay in Lebanon for a few months!!!!!?? We are waiting.

Kerryn said...

So after the shearing its time for the rain huh! I can imagin the relief for the ambo team knowing that you are still going to be around for a while.Hope you keep warm well and happy.

John said...

Who knows what we might get up to next year with all this new found freedom. We measured ten points of rain the other night but the skies were quite clear tonight.
If it doesn't rain soon we might only be able to afford tickets one way to Lebanon. Jeanie is supposed to be coming down to the last day of shearing tomorrow.