Monday, November 13, 2006

Where to start!


Okay I know it has been ages since I have written anything. I just didn't have the brain power to say anything interesting. As usual life has been busy. My days in Tyre are good. So far it is working going down on a Wednesday night and having a whole day to teach on Thursday. John has just started having extra French lessons after school twice a week. Work at the orphanage is still going well and I start my third part time job this week as temporary Church Administrator while the previous one takes three months leave. We had a church day away last Saturday which I mostly coordinated. It went really well and we touched on the issue of grief and healing the emotional wounds from the summer. This is a big thing for Lebanon at the moment. Yesterday we had our Soul Connection concert that Wadih had organized. It was designed to encourage the youth of Lebanon after our disastrous summer. We had four different christian rock bands each play a few songs with interviews and video clips. It was supposed to be five but the grunge band pulled out at the last minute. Some of us from church made up one of the bands, called Resident Alien. We had a good laugh and the audience seemed to enjoy it. There were about 500 there. I decided to cut my hair Friday night and it seems to be okay, very a la Debbie! If we get some of the pictures from the concert I will post some. That is our life at the moment.

4 comments:

Kerryn said...

So good to see you and hear your news!!Hope the "R.A."band can send us a dvd soon!!Like the hair, I've been thinking I should probably go shorter but the same old problem of not wanting to get it cut regularly ends up ruling that out.
I've been acting for the 2nd yr nursing students for their prac exams, today I'm getting worried because there are bubbles of air in my IV line!! Glad work things are going ok for you and Wadih. I hope you always travel safe going down south on your own! Your church seems very blessed to have you!!Please could you send a photo with a big smile. ( on you!)Then I'll send one back!( even tho I'm about to turn 40!)
LOve you all.
Kezz & co xxxxxxxxx

John said...

I was set back by our daughter in red but it is good to see you looking good. Great to hear about the concert I am sure that there is a lot of healing that needs to be dealt with if the country is the get back on its feet. Good on you Wadih for organising it. :) Assuming that these 3 part time jobs all have some remuneration.

Lindy said...

Just to set your minds at ease, yes I do get some money for all the jobs and actually just received a pay rise at the Orphanage!!! The last job will actually be the best paid though I'm not sure exactly how much yet.
Keza, I'm rather pleased to hear that all your injuries are just for the benefit of others : )
Lots of love to you all.

Anonymous said...

I ♥LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!