Tuesday, April 17, 2007

End of the holidays




Well, as I mentioned to Dad in the text, I was very pleased to get back to work and routine after the holidays. I don't think I have ever gotten to the end of a break and felt so tired! However, after our four days in Tyre, (with half of Beirut as well!) we had a day and night retreat at Schnellar Guesthouse in the Bekaa valley with all the staff from the orphanage. The photos show our room, somehow the kids and I got given the suite!! Very nice, and the view from our window in the morning. We also drove down to the very south of the lake to the dam and there are a couple of shots there. It was good fun, and I had a very timely, gentle reminder that I can take time to listen to God, as well as running around being busy! We had teaching from the verse in Micah 6:8 Act Justly, Love Mercy and Walk Humbly. It was excellent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you enjoyed your break and learned a lession at the same time. It looks very nice down there.We have started two weeks holiday, Annie sleeped over at the Millowicks last night and Zac & I might go to the movies this morning.Yesterday we went and saw Charis Cleek, she has her own blog for those who would like to have a look( we'er on it!)
Well better do some jobs before we head out. Byeeee

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the retreat went well. It looks to me as if you nicked over to England to get those photos does not look like lebanon to me. Hope life will ease up a bit as things get back into routine. Deb & Stu and family have just left. Off to the farm to set up the seeder and start some dry sowing of feed for the sheep. love Mum & dad