Saturday, May 27, 2006

Goyder line article


We now have a family blog site that has been set up on the internet to help members of our family to keep in touch with each other on a daily basis. I must confess that I was not very excited about the idea when it first started, but now if I am able, the first thing I do in the morning is go on-line and check out what has been happening in their lives. The fact that it is easy to include photos makes it all the more pleasing because, as they say, one picture is worth a thousand words. With Lindy living in Lebanon to be able to communicate with her at least once a day, sometimes more, has been especially good as it helps her feel that she is at least in touch with what is happening in our lives on a more regular basis.

To put a new twist on an old saying I could say that “The family that communicates together, stays together.” So much pain and misunderstanding between families comes about so often because there has been a break down in communications somewhere along the way. So many hurtful incidents could be avoided if there was regular and frequent communication between family members. God also longs for us to keep in communication with him, and the more often we do it the more pleasing it is to Him and he has given to all of us the best tool possible to achieve this and that is the gift of prayer. The good thing about prayer is that you don’t have to be at a computer and go on-line, we are able to share with God in any situation at any time. I trust that you are enjoying good communications both with family and God, but if not, there is no better time to change it than right now.

No, your mother did not get these for mothers day. Last week was Volunteers Week and it was
a thank you gift from the State Ambulance service. I guess I will have to share them with the rest of the team.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Mmmmmmmm, yummy! I'm glad I am not the only one who is getting attached to this blog. I had no internet access yesterday for the whole afternoon and it was interesting seeing my reaction. Definite withdrawal symptoms!! Bit of a worry that. Still, I would not want to give it up. Appreciated the article. I may use some more in the future if it is appropriate for us.
Cheers, and enjoy the choccies!!