Saturday, February 24, 2007

My Adventures for the week!

Well, there aren't really that many, but they did happen this week.

First of all on Thursday as I was driving down south, I got about 10mins away from Tyre and touched the brakes. That's when I heard the clunk and suddenly realized that I had no brakes!!! Fortunately I was on a flat bit of the highway and there was nothing directly in front of me. I managed to change down the gears and coast until I was going slowly enough to use the emergency brake. Nig was great and sent one of the guys from school straight out to get me and we managed to drive the car into the city and directly to a mechanic. When they dropped it of at school later that day, the guy told me I was so lucky to have been able to stop as the entire brake calipers had fallen away!!! Anyway they managed to fix every thing and it only cost about AUS$45. We are seriously praying for this car to turn into a blessing and not a curse!!! I don't think that I told you about the other 800 odd USdollars we had to pay a month or so ago to replace AGAIN the entire automatic transmission that had gone for a second time, but of course only after the guarentee for the other one had expired. Ah well, that's life sometimes isn't it.

Anyway, my other fun adventure was tonight, (that is why I am writing at twenty to two in the morning), but this one really was fun, mostly..?! I've been filming a video clip for a local Christian Arabic singer. That that in itself could be fun but you will never guess what they had me doing in this clip..........................................................???????????????????

PLAYING VIOLIN!!! You didn't know I was that talented did you. Well you know television, it's all a lie, lies I tell you. We got a bunch of friends from church to mime playing violin, trumpet and flute. (Actually the trumpetist and the flutist do actually know how to play their instruments, even though we couldn't hear them.) So I got a free lesson in how to hold my violin and bow and I managed to make some half decent noise.

So thats us for now. Love to all. Hope Natalie and Calvins cuts and scrapes are healing well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou God for smart thinking and keeping Lindy safe! We will add the car to the prayer list :)
The film-clip news reminds me of the making of particle man and faking saxaphone playing. Is that why they asked you because you already had expirence????:)
Love you,take care K

Anonymous said...

Well they say that life wasn't meant to be easy. Thankful that God's protection has been upon you and the brakes failed in a safe place. We have had our little crisis in that the computer crashed yesterday and we made a quick trip to Whyalla today and got Tony and friend of Ded & Stuart to fix it. Thankfully all is running again and I have to prepare a sermon and download songs ready for tomorrow.

See you in a WEEK Lindy.. Cheers and take care Dad.