Saturday, October 07, 2006

We've been on holidays!!




Well, we finally managed to get a few days holiday down in Tyre. ALL of us!! We left Tuesday morning and due to traffic in Beirut and crossing the Litani river, took two and a half hours to reach Tyre. Nig and Annette very kindly let us use one of the flats below them in school to stay in and the kids actually slept upstairs with Nadine, Maria and Sam on the first night. The kids had a great time, playing and watching movies together. The girls as the Copy Cats, with some help from John, gave us a lovely show of singing and dancing (just like Merise and I used to do!!)
The roads have changed quite a bit since I came down last, as you can see. There are quite a few of these French Army bridges and the one across the Litani has been there almost from the first week of the cease fire. They have done a fair bit on fixing the roads and highway, although you still never know when you will have to swerve around a huge crater or move over to avoid someone coming down the wrong side of the highway because their side is impassable!! Welcome to Lebanon. I have done a few other enteries about the rest of the holiday, so I could put up photo's. Much more interesting than me writing loads. All in all it was lovely and I could have used about three more days of it!!

2 comments:

Kerryn said...

Great to hear about and see your mini-break holiday! So glad glad that you had a lovely time. I'm sure after all the built up stress and anxiety it would have been extra special to get away and compleatly relax. Your beach does look lovely. Annie an I have already been for 2 swims so far, they say we are in for a long dry hot summer! Hmmmm
Well I should do my own blog now, so Love you all very much. xxx

John said...

Thanks for the news and photos of your break away.
trust you found it refreshing even though it was short.
I will let Debbie and kerryn share their news