Monday, June 30, 2008

Kitto update and fundraiser news

Hi all. Been a while.
Thought it was time for an update.

Firstly the raffle/auction:
The kids helped me draw the raffle (you can see that here) from the bath tube of lego!
I am pleased to say that the raffle raised $250 for the orphanage
and the closing bid on the auction was $150. (unfortunately I have yet to hear from the person who made the bid, but here's hoping that it will work out)

Lindy I look forward to making a video WITH you in a couple of weeks. I would really love it if you had a specific idea about what the money would be used for (eg. electricity bill, clothing, some specific thing that the kids need, etc) so that people can see that their money went to something tangible. Also, if you could bring some photos, or better still some video footage that we could use that would be fabulous. Thanks.

Also for Lindy, I think I have asked this before but ... WHAT ARE YOUR KIDS INTO? Please! They are quite a bit older than last time I saw them and I don't want to insult them by getting gifts that are too 'kiddy'. I know they have some sort of portable nintendo. What kind and do they want any games for it? What kind of games? Do they read? Are they collecting anything? And most important question, do they like lego? ;)
Any information that could help set me in the right direction would be MOST appreciated -thanks.

General question now: What are people's expectation for this 'Christmas do'? Did we settle on Saturday tea? I have a gift each for our kids so that they have something to open. Being only a couple of hours away we are able to bring food and drinks - please let me know mum what you would like us to bring. My vote is that whatever we have that there is lots of gravy please :) yum. Anyway, I think this is good a place as any to start throwing ideas around.

Kerryn, I'm sure that I had something to ask you, but I think I just blew it out of my nose with the rest of my runny brain. Might just ring when I remember.

Dad, mum, hope that shearing goes well next week. Natalie had a reader about shearing yesterday and the kids were asking lots of questions. Will have to visit one day when you are shearing so that the kids can have a look.

Old news, but here is a picture from Karen, Heth, Jacob and Sam's visit the other week.




Hope you are all well. Calvin and I have colds and Stuart is working around the clock, so we are hanging out for holidays. Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Love and hugs -Debbie

6 comments:

Lindy said...

Hey Deb, that is great! I will have a look at all the bits later as I'm at work at the mo. As for my kids, no need to get things now! Jessie will love to go shopping when we are there, John does read, but likes things like science books & Goosebumps or Alex Rider novels.

Write more later!! ThaNKS

Lindy said...

Actually, yes they also have a DS Lite and only two games, so that might be an idea. It can play gameboy games as well and Jess is into Sims, Brain Game or anything with animals and John into anything that is creating and tactics (and possibly fighting!)like Age of Empire or Star Wars. John still enjoys his lego too.

Debbie said...

Glad to hear that. One of my gifts for Jessie was going to be a shopping trip :) and I will check out DS lite games.
I'm just aware that I do need to get some things out of the way now because hobbling around the shops is not so much fun and (and I need to space out the spending).
Thanks for the ideas. Take care everyone.
-Debbie

(Had Calvin home yesterday - unwell AND kindy wasn't open, and it looks like I might have Natalie at home today! Oh well, we might all manage to be well by the holidays) :)

Debbie said...

Thank you. I have taken on board the above information Lindy (gotta love Target sales) :) and I seriously hope that your kids will be bringing their DSLite with them ;) Hint hint.

Hugs -Debbie

Anonymous said...

Good on you Debbie for Christmas thinking. If gravy is the thing it better be roast turkey and pickled pork or similar. I think Kerryn was hoping to bring an alternative dessert to the pudding and custard. We will need special drinks and little luxuries for afters. Jeanie will probably bring chips/crisps.

Lindy said...

Okay, I have just twigged to the notion that we are going to have a Christmas when we get there!! Right, got it! :)Two weeks and counting!